Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Choice between cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bardolph, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm looking to pair my GK 400RB 210 combo with another 2x10 cabinet and I think 2 choices I might have narrowed it down to are the GK SBX210 and the hartke 2.5 XL. I could probably get them for relatively the same price. I know the sensitivity on the GK cab is 102 and the hartke is 99 and the GK has an adjustable horn level. How good are the 3 db difference and the adjustable horn? Will it even make that much of a difference?

2. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    permission to bump

3. VellaBass

VellaBass

Aug 29, 2003
    London, UK
    Eskimo

I A/B'd various 210 cabs in a shop recently - the Ashdown Mag 210 was streets better than the GK, despite being smaller and lighter. Same price (At least in the UK). Well worth adding it to your list of possibles.

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Thank you for your suggestion, but I get dealer discounts on GK and hartke, but not ashdown. I think it's still just between the two I mentioned, I just wanted to see what people thought of how the two stood up to eachother.

5. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm not trying to sound impatient, but I am probably ordering the cab fairly soon and I'd really appreciate some help on A/B'ing these 2 cabs.

6. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    If you have the money Go for GK