1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CHOICE BETWEEN THESE TWO BASS GUITARS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Dec 21, 2011.

1. If you could only have a choice of these two bass guitars, what would be your choice and why. USA P Bass are a Marcus Miller Jazz Bass.

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    USA P bass.

I had that same decision to make, and went that route. I'm not a fan of the MM's electronic setup and the neck was awkward feeling to me.

Play em both first, if possible.

3. kapaauguy

kapaauguy

Dec 12, 2010
    Kawela, Molokai
    I just bought a 2011 American Standard PBass with a maple neck and it's awesome. All my other axes are in their cases now and will likely stay there.

4. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    Depends what you want to do with them...

I'd go with the MM - I prefer Jazz necks & it will be more versatile than the P... But as always YMMV

5. A P is a pretty useful all around bass. Nobody ever got fired for using a Fender Precision Bass. OTOH, The MM Jazz Bass has a very comfortable neck and has a versatile sound. Hmm... It's a toss up.

6. P bass.

7. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Gotta get both!

8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    The question is more fundamental than a choice between those two particular basses and really is do you want a Precision or a Jazz bass? Only you can decide that. If I could only have one it would be a Jazz.

9. There is a young kid my grandson runs around with, he has been offer a MM bass for his P bass. Myself I have a P bass, and want both but won't give up my P to get a Jazz. I told him there was a nice looking Fender Power Jazz bass on Craiglist. He should check it out. I know nothing about the power bass, but thats what I would do.

10. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I would take the condition and age of the basses into consideration, "USA P bass" is pretty vague.

11. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    p bass

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Jazz.