Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Choice of one superpower.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Turski, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    If you were given the choice of one...and only one superpower, What would it be and why?

My superpower would be, to never need sleep.
    Because there never seems to be enough time to get things done!

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    To control or stop time :cool:

because it's the trump card of super powers!!!

Mwahahahaha..... :ninja:

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The power to fly. Like Superman. I know it sounds childish, but I couldn't imagine anything more fascinating and fun.

I could "fly right on over". If invited of course.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The ability to magnify gravity.

It's a really far ranging in it's applications and requires some imagination to use, but I think it's SO much cooler than super stregth.

You could bend light and time itself, distort matter, create black holes inside people (if you were a villain or an amoral hero), among other things, or say, make the gun in someones hand so heavy they couldn't even lift it, or make their feet lead weights. You could weigh down their blood to make them pass out, or create a rolling wave of super gravity to stun/disable a whole army, rob bullets of kinetic energy before they could reach you or someone else. That's just the begginnings. Time distortions would also come into play.

I'm also proud to say I think I'm the first person to have a superhero who's power is that (hero's "Hero" name is Gravity Bore).

Now THAT'S power.

5. ...the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away, with MIND BULLETS!! Thats telekenisis....

haha, Tenacious D is awesome!

I would take invisibility, for all the obvious reasons, but also have the power to pass through matter, kind of combo power

6. The ability to remember everything.

good example. My last gig I approached two very good looking woman and said hi, they said "oh we thought you didn't remember us from the last show." I then had to do some serious mind thinking. Didn't work well so I turned to option B."Sarah and Jessica, right?" I said. Close counts with woman. Sarah and some other J name. See what I mean! all of this could be avoided. My poor spelling. Inability to learn from reading a school text book. That would be one cool super power. Plus you could remember every bass note you or anyone else ever played.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    as a disclaimer required by my better half, We've debated the time control superpower at great lengths and must admit...

most of our coolest uses would fall more towards the Super Villian side of the fence :ninja:

8. Being able to fly, and stopping/controlling time is a tie.

Both are equally cool.

:bassist:

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Oh man thank gawd I'm not the only one! I've been joking with friends lately saying "hey this sleep thing is just a fad. Everyone's doing it though, so there must be something in it. I might give it a try".

11. how about the ability to not eat and sleep??? Think of the time and money you could save. You wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. You could practice while thy fellow musicians slept. Hehehehe...

Or how about the ability to explode cell phones??? everyones got one!

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I cant have any... if i kicked any more ass than i do now, the results would be disasterous because whenever i would walk by anyone, my "kick ass" radiance would kill them. yes.

14. definitely NOT omnipotence, too much responsibility imo

though invisibility, gravity altering/time altering thing would be very nice :cool:

15. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    yes but it's responsibility without consequences.........

16. The power to make all man civil and comprimised to where everyone can have as much freedom and comterfability as possible.

17. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Oh man, the ability to control electricity, and I mean nearly being one with it. I could fly, propel myself at ridiculous speeds, superheat anything, and travel long distances in a few seconds as electrical energy. I could disrupt a person's thought patterns, stop their heart from beating, and make them move anywhere I wanted. I'd even have the power to stop the world in its tracks. Yes, electricity would be fun.

18. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Time travel, I'd pick up a couple super lotto winnings, go back to see some cool events of history, and prevent a few from happening (like 9-11)

Either that, or x-ray vision. The college crowd gigs would be a whole lot more interesting :D

19. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    who is to say I dont already have one?