1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choices, choices...(pickguards on 2Tsunburst)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kitsapbass, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Gold Anodized from Fender

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Tortoise from Warmoth

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. White/Black/White from Warmoth

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Other (please say what color as well)

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I am just now in the process of getting parts to build a P-bass. I have a fretless J neck on the way, I already have a P-style neck that is currently "unattached" and I have a 2 tone sunburst P body on the way as well - so what color pickguard should I get from Warmoth?

I know normally the gold adonized p/g is what Fender had going with it, but I'm not 100% sure on goiing with that, or should I do a tortoise shell type, or maybe a parchment or w/b/w type, so I figured, "what the hey, ask the guys on TB"!!!!

So here I am - what do you guys think? Please vote and tell me your opinion....

2. one ply black :ninja:

3. I must say I like tortoise guards on basses with sunburst or tabacco burst finishes, although if there's a quilted top i'd go with a clear one.

4. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Other.

Black/white/black would be my choice.

W/B/W looks cheap. Gold is "trailer park" / tacky. Tort is too obvious / typical these days.

TBers, you know who you are!

5. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I've been thinking about the same thing lately and decided on mint green (rosewood 'board).

I like the gold, but it has holes where I don't want them and might be weird to work with.

I thought about white, but something about white on a 2-tone 'burst just doesn't do it for me.

Tort is out for me.

It has black, but the pickups are also black, and it's like the secondary color takes over.

So I chose mint green because I think it'll look good with black pickups and the burst. I want a light color because it'll have three black pickups.

Here's a pic (from ebay) I kept for reference, and a shot of the p/g.

6. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    "Aged" White Pearl 4 Ply.............A vintage looking white pearliod that will look great on your 2 tone. Keep it authentic looking, while dressing it up. Chandler does a nice job with their pickguards...............:D

7. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Black/White/Black!

DSC_3186.

8. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    B/W/B FTW.

9. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Here's black with a rosewood 'board.

I like black a lot more with the maple.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Tort... TORT!!!

11. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    heck - right now tortoise is up 2 to 1 right now...