Choices (this is long)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by moxnix9, May 24, 2002.

1. OK here's my situation:
    As of right now I'm in 7(8)th grade Jr. Orchestra and as of right now I'm not taking this class next year (BTW I have only 6 days left of shcool:D! But that doesn't matter). But I still have plenty of time to change my schedule for next year. My teacher really wants to keep me because she says I'm "talented." She also said,"I will do anything to keep you next year, Christian." Yes, those were her exact words. So this means I can play in the orchestra next year but I don't have to play the double bass...I can propose anything to her. Such as asking to play electric bass and porbably getting her to say OK. If she bites I'm also going to ask for a few solos. I want to have a music career. I want to go to Berkeley College. I know that that will be hard but totally worth it. I figure if I start now I will only get better. So I want to know what you guys think. Should I go for the electric bass thing? I must stress (without bragging) that this teacher is totally at my mercy. I would have a really fun class everyday and have an easy "A" with a pretty cool teacher. Then from there I could play in some music class at high school. A little advice guys. Thanks in advance.
  2. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    IMO, Electric Bass doesn't go well with orchestra. I'd just stick to Double Bass. You may regret you quit DB.
  3. I say go for it, only if you think you will have fun, not to make demands. You must be a team player not a star. As far as Berklee goes I would spend the money for the 5 week summer course to see how you like the school.

There are plenty of people around here that can give better advice for your age group. Try to find MetalArch69, he can give you great views on the HS band concept.