1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choices, Which one to sell?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by burk48237, Jul 22, 2007.

Which one should I SELL?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2007.
  1. The NYC

31 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. The METRO

33 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Just find a way to make up the difference selling carrots!

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    As many of you know I have two most excellent Sadowskys. I have come to the conclusion due to time restraints and lack of gigging opportunities that it is ridiculous for me to keep both. I don't need a backup, good basses are reliable and I have yet to break a string with either one. So after I get back from Alaska, Im going to put one up for sale and would love to have your input. KJung has voted for to sell the NYC, because he likes my Metro. Vision, has told me clearly that I would be crazy to give up the beautiful NYC. Here's my take:

METRO: Pros, Really punchy, My first Sadowsky, it's NAMM 3 of 10 so it's a unique part of Sadowsky history. it's kinda an unassuming "stealth" bass that works GREAT in the mix. Great slap bass, Has a classic Fender look. If I keep it I'll get more scratch for the NYC.
    Cons, A little bright (not noticeable in the mix), Not as Pretty.

NYC: Pros. Something extra going on in the warmth department, about a half a pound lighter. Feels like a played in vintage bass. Sweet top. Awesome finger-style "old school" tone.
    Cons, Gold hardware, I have to crank it a little more for presence in the mix.

Bassrig.

2. Drucocu

Drucocu

Jan 24, 2007
    keep the metro, looks more classic, AND you'll get more money

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Consider keeping them both, you may regret the loss of either. Anyway, if it's just a money thing, sell a kidney.

4. Fat.Mike

Fat.Mike

Dec 15, 2006
    Tulsa, Ok
    I am a sucker for gold hardware and maple tops... The NYC is the one to keep IMO.

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Keep them both, of course. LOL. I've got #4 coming to me very soon

Rob

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

It ain't easy selling off a beloved bass.

I chickened out and will end up keeping both my Sadowskys.

If I were forced to choose, I'd keep the Metro. Love the color.

7. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hang on to both. You'll wish for one when you have the other. Plus, everyone needs a backup. Even a $2,500 backup...

8. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Keep them... they'll "appreciate" it!

9. ArmyPunkGuy

ArmyPunkGuy

Dec 25, 2006
    wow seeing two Sadowsky's side by side makes me almost wanna smash my two Fenders and cry.............almost

anyway ditch the metro, they are more common and less saught after and A NYC is just TOPS IMHO

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

:eek:

11. make up the money by donating blood, keep both the guitars.

12. I would keep both... Sell carrots to make money is your best bet.

13. This is a very wise forum. I'm with these guys.

14. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    If you are sure you want to sell one then swap the hardware and sell the Metro. You're back will thank you as the years go passing by.

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i voted for you to become a carrot salesman, but honestly, i think i would keep the nyc...

er, I mean, keep the Metro and sell the NYC for an unbelievable low price to adrian garcia!

gotta love that maple board!

16. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I say keep the NYC and sell the Metro. 1) The NYC holds it's value better down the line and it's an NYC.... it's an NYC. I mean, come on. :D

17. Keep em. You will cuss yourself later if you don't.

It's not like you have a vault of basses, after all.

18. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    I'd keep 'em both if finances allow, but if not, sell the Metro. Avoid seller's remorse and the high price of purchasing another NYC.

The rig looks nice, BTW. I ordered similar from LDS, but my cabs will be black.

19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Shelly, Cool, I can't wait to hear the new cabs, especially with someone who can play!:D

One other factor guys, I bought the NYC used, and can probably get my money-back right now. The Metro I bought new, sold and repurchased.:D That's a long story, but it was one of the first Metros, and I have yet to see another in that color.

20. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I'd never say you're wrong, because only you know what's right for you. That said, I strongly believe that it's perfectly reasonable to keep both Sadowskys. You don't know what the future holds... maybe things will change and you'll become busy with music again. Even if not, it's nice to have variety even if you're not playing much. Finally, I predict there will be days that you wish you'd sold the other one, regardless of which one you actually do sell!

But if you need the cash and/or extra closet space, or you'll just feel better paring your collection down to 1, then sell. I can't choose which one, because they're both stunningly beautiful in their own way. Good luck!