1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Choke? (no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Sep 26, 2008.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I've heard it is being released today. The new Chuck Palahniuk flick. Anyone going to see it? This is one of the few instances in which I have already read the book before seeing the movie. We are planning on seeing the matinee on Sunday.

Anyone?

BTW Fight Club is my all time Favorite Movie.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    He dies.

3. GriffinREX

GriffinREX

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I saw a screener on Tuesday and it is a GREAT movie if you like Palahniuk's work. Very funny.
    I'm going to see it again this weekend.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I didn't see it yet, but I plan on it. I loved the book, but I haven't read it since it first came out.

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Went and saw the 11:45 Matinee. I liked it a lot. It wasn't as good as the book, but it was pretty good. The Sam Rockwell made a good Victor Mancini.

6. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I didn't read the book. I liked it a lot. I think anyone expecting any book to make a full and perfect translation to the big screen is going to be disappointed.

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Agreed. Half the fun is figuring out what they missed or left out.

I've never read Fight Club but heard the movie is very close to the book, and also 3 and 1/2 hours long.

8. I saw it on friday. The ending was...different, but I liked that. I actually thought the movie was better than the book.