choose 1 effect on the iStomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by troy mcclure, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Central Florida
    I bought an Istomp in the great $39 sell off. I do not currently use it live but am thinking of setting it up as a single effect and using it and never attaching the pigtail to it again and messing with the app. I currently use a zoom b3 and or mb 60 for any effects. What 1 single effect should I set my iStomp to for usefulness? I play rock covers, if this helps.

2. I would probably get something freaky like the Impossible Pedal or some other creation.

3. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Gonkulator, Angelic Choir or one of Choruses.

4. I'm an Adrian Belew fan so I'd get his signature effect "Impossible", which as luck would have it is durned cool whether Belew's name is attached to it or not.

But...

Ricky don't lose that dongle
    You might wanna try something else
    Just send it off in a package
    to yourself...

The Dirty Robot looks good as does
    The Gonkulator; then there's the
    Rotator Leslie emulation as well as
    Swing Shifting octave down, 5th up, octave up, two octaves up all at the same time (yay, no useless 2-oct dwn!).

Everything else I've got either covered or would cover using something else.

DANG! Looking over the short list again and...
    ...I might have to get one of these myself!

troy mcclure likes this.
  5. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Central Florida
    troy will not lose the dongle...lol I can cover many of the effects with the mb 60. For ease I was thinking chorus or flanger but the swing shift is awesome. This might be the best $39 I ever spent on an effect. On guitar the angelic chorus is awesome. I was thinking of giving it my guitarist for the acoustic simulator for the intro to a few of our tunes but he doesn;t want another pedal on his board.

6. Yeah, the more I think about it the more I like that Swing Shift. So many bloody octavers have 2-down, which is really useless for bass, IMO.

But that 5th up!

One of these is probably undoubtedly cheaper than a T-Rex Quint, and more versatile with the other effects. Sound quality, I've no idea which would be better.

7. Meric Ozadak

Meric Ozadak

Jul 27, 2018
    Hey guys,

As I’m desperate I want to ask you too.

I got an istomp to use Dirty Robot. But the seller send me the pedal without the DSC cable so now I’m desperate, I cannot transfer the effect to my pedal.

I live in Turkey so no chance to borrow a cable from another people who own one because I think I’m the only one who owns it in whole country right now :D

What would you recommend to solve my problem? How could I transfer the Dirty Robot pedal to my istomp? Should I go to UK to find a person to borrow the cable for 5min? Lol

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021