Choose 2 from 3

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wishforbass, Jul 30, 2018.

1. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    Actually I have a Yamaha bb415 bass which broke ,pickup selector ,6 months ago .in my coubtry finding another pickup aelector is so hard do and I can't buy it from other country or Amazon do to tax and ...
    In iran there are some toggle switchs that have two position.
    The person who repair guitars recommend choose one of that switch and actually choose between 3 postionpostionp that which one I don't want .
    The pickups are p and j .
    So my opinion
    Are
    1_p
    2_j
    3_pj
    I should choose which two I want .
    Recommend me which one should I choose ?!

2. Hi, sorry to hear that your 415 is broken. I have it too, and my switch died fast also.

Do you have potentiometers available (same as volume)? If yes, you could make a Volume-Volume-Tone setup, this way you will not loose functionality.
    You could also make Volume-Blend-Tone but blend potentiometers may be really hard to find.

If I have to choose I would go with 1 - P and 3 - PJ.

wishforbass likes this.
  3. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    That's good idea ,tomrowo t I will go search around coty to find a volume.
    I couldn't find blend in last search I had.but searching for volume maybe do the job .

4. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Eastern Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    I agree with ELynx. My choice would be Volume-Volume-Tone. That gives you all options, and it's easy to get the parts to do it. If you really prefer having a switch, I would choose P-PJ.

wishforbass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021