1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

choose between 3 amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Nov 27, 2010.

1. If you had your pick of one of the 3 which would you and why. SWR Workingpro 700, Hartke LH1000 are the Hartke LH500. And that had to be the only 3 you could pick from. Can you tell Iam trying to get a new rig. I have a choice of these 3 right now.

2. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    While I've always thought that the Hartke stuff sounded decent, I would pick the SWR if limited to those choices. I think it's a better amp than the Hartke choices you listed.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Me too, but cab choice plays a big role, too, and ultimately, how each one sounds when paired to whatever cab you plan on using is the one to pick.

4. Id also go with the SWR. I haven't played on the LM1000 or 500 but I'd rather a more extensive eq section.

5. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    In this case I would opt for one of the LH (having owned multiple SWRs and currently using, among others, a LH500).
    As for power, it depends on your needs.
    I use my LH500 with a 4 ohm Aguilar db212 and I have never run out of power or headroom. I use this combo for 5 string pick playing in a guitar driven rock singer-songwriter setting

6. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Of the three listed all of them would get the job done, but I would probably pick the LH1000.
    I don't mind a limited EQ as I mostly like to dial an amp flat anyway, plus Larry seems like a pretty stand up guy and has excellent customer service.

7. As of right now the only cab I have is,a schoreder 310212. Rated at 2100 watts 4ohms.