Choose my tattoo's color scheme!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Thats right, I am giving you all a chance to decide what I am going to have to wear and regret for the rest of my life!

I am no good with colors, or photoshop, so I was hoping one of you out there (Bigfeet, Dave Costel, ect...) could help me out. What ever color scheme I choose, I know I want a dark color fading in or out from the center of the piece.

Or if you all don't have time to do this yourselves, tell me how the hell I would do something like that with photoshop. Photoshop is too damn complicated.

Anyway, this will be the main part of the tat:
  2. And this is the middle piece:
  3. That will look awesome!

Hmm.. I think a black clef fading off into something would be mighty, but what color would go with the rest of the tat? :confused:

4. Nah, I want color damnit! I still want to keep the fade it has, but not necessarily the same colors.
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Those are two quite different styles, have you seen them together? Will the styles not clash?
  6. One for each arm! ;)

What about a light blue fading into a dark blue? Or vice versa!
  7. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    firstly, i wouldnt aim for the clef image...mainly because the blur is likely to be hard to replicate...expecially in orange. Its possible but unlss you pay alot of money, whoever does it is gonna have a hard time making it happen....maybe you should change the blur to a fade...thats a whole lot easier.
    Colorwise, i guess its up to you...the most popular colour choices for these "tribal" (ha) designs are reds/black/blues....maybe plum for plain black...and id whiteout the spaces between the strands in the knot.
    Ill go off and play with em and bring summat back in a minute...

8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i don't mean to offend you on this, but this is YOUR body. and you will have to live with them for the rest of YOUR life. you should be the one choosing what you want to adorn your body with, not us. i am very adamant about this. i think that tattoos can be very meaningful, symbolic, and spiritual if done correctly and you are on the right track, but let them be your choices for your body. don't let the ink be meaningless or you WILL regret it for the rest of your life and that is not what tattoos are for...
  9. Well I'm not exactly having you all choose my tat for me, I was just having trouble with the color scheme, because I must have slept through my color theory back in my art class.

Also, the person doing this tat for me says that he can replicate the blur quite easily.

Anders - Yes I have seen a rough sketch of the clef inside the tribal, and it does look good.
  10. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Spank: is that first one from "Undertow" by tool? I dunno, it looks like that album cover

11. Nope, just a tribal I got out of my friend's flash art.
  12. hey! Spank. I wouldn't worry about paying the extra for the blur thing, 'cause in about 20 years it will be all nice and blurry,,I would go with invisible ink or clear ink, :D :rolleyes: :D

13. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Dont get color unless it is needed, it will fade faster than the outline color. I got a nice solid black tatto of my girlfriends eyes on each arm but Im not gonna color the blue in unless I get married to her.:D
  14. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Try blue and brown or orange and yellow.
  15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    hey d00d i have this tattoo template 4 u

let me know if u like it :)

(then give me sum color schemes to work)
  16. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Couple ideas I threw Together...

17. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
  18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000