Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

choosing a bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nataku, Jun 21, 2004.

1. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    hi im new to posting here but ive been lurking for a while. i desperately need a new bass since my johnson is dying :bawl: . my band plays indie/hard rock/funk type music and im basing my choice on that. ive gone to guitar center a lot and played a bunch of fenders but none of em seem to stick out. ive had my eye on some warwicks but they seem a little expensive.
    if anyone here has any recommendations :help: that would be really helpful, thnx in advance.

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    your johnson? :confused: :ninja: :p

3. If you are looking for an inexpensive bass that will do the trick for your kind of music I would recommend an OLP bass. Very affordable, good sounding for your kind of music and upgradable (you can put a preamp/eq in later on).

R.

4. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    johnson is a cheap guitar brand, i bought a bass starter pack from them

5. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    yamaha has some inexpensive good quality basses out there.perhaps a BB604.check them out if you can

6. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    thnx but i cant find a site for olp anywhere, do you know if they have a site or if i could get em at a guitar center?

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Spector Performance series.

8. Checkout http://www.olpguitars.com/ and also check the numerous reviews on the web.
    There must be an OLP dealer nearby your home.

Good luck,
    R.

9. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    thnx you guys, youre awesome
    im gonna go to some shops this week and check em out the olps, spectors, and yamahas :bassist: