1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choosing a Multi Effects processor. HELP!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gold_member_321, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Ive browsed around online looking for the best multi effects pedal I can find for the cash, and I have found a few that I like, those being the Line6 PodXT Live, and the Boss GT-6B, which have everything I really need as a hobbyist and part time studio bassist.

Although Im having trouble choosing one or the other, or neither, which is what I need help with. Does anyone have any opinions or firsthand experience with either of these? Good or bad I'd like to hear it. Or suggest another in the price range.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

gold

2. bump.

Come on guys, No one has ANYTHING to say? Opinions? Input?

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Did you search? There are many threads on this topic.
    I have never used the Boss but I have fiddled with a Pod. If you like tweaking it's a pretty impressive and flexible device. I found tones I like faster with the Zoom B2. It's a bit less complicated, significantly cheaper and sounds very impressive. I would suggest that you try them out in person. Even with the Zoom it took me a few months to settle into what works best for me.

4. I own that GT6-B, have for about a year now. I Love it - I would be lost without it. I would suggest at least glancing through the manual, but its a great unit. Built like a tank, sounds good, has a bunch of features. I use the headphone out to jam at night when I cant use my amp. The tuner is good - not the best but for anything less than a $200 rackmount tuner I cant think of anything better). My favorite part is all the different presets you can have - combinations of eq, preamp, and effects.

I'd go with that, especially if you find it used.

The only thing I'd recommend is if you can get a different wah, do it.

5. I have heard that the wah feature isnt up to par with the rest, so I was considering that anyway if I do buy the Boss.

How are the amp/cab models?

Do any of the effects sound cheesy or cheap?

The closest music store to me is about 2 hours away, so I cant really make it up there often, so Im relying on what people say about the products.

So far Im thinking the Boss sounds good, but im still open to opinions.

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1 to the POD being good if you like tweeking

7. The amp/cab models are nice. I dunno if they all sound exactly like what they say they are, but thats mostly just my inexperienced ears...They do change the sound tho. And it depends alot on what kind of speaker you are running it through already (i.e. a 4x10 cab simulating a 1x15 sounds different than a 1x15 cab emulating a 1x15, etc.).

The effects are all solid. Not cheap

As to being cheesy...thats just your opinion. I personally dont use some of the features like ring mod or whatever, but its there if you want it.

8. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Back when I first started playing bass, I toyed with a Line6 Bass POD (the bean version), and was rather impressed by it.

Since then, I've been exposed to a heck of a lot of gear, and haven't touched modeling or multi-effects gear until recently. I've always been more of an individual pedal guy.

I purchased a Line6 LowDown Studio 110 a week ago, and after playing around with the various amp models on it, I have to say that I'm very impressed by how this sounds. I can pull off a convincing "SVT" tone, among others, with that amp! It does have one bothersome problem, but it's specific to the first-generation run of that particular amp, and Line6 will fix it.

Based on prior and recent experience with POD products and LowDown amps, I can definitely vouch for the Line6 Bass PODs, but I can't promise you'll like everything on them. You'll certainly appreciate their flexibility, though!

9. bloodline462

bloodline462

Jul 20, 2006
    Mass
    dude my advice on this has always been that a single effect pedal designed to be good at one effect will always be better at that effect than a proc thats trying to be good at them all but not specializing in sny one effect, so my advice is buy the singles for what you want and combine them on a board. i've learned this from experience but thats just my opinion tho. peace.

Tom - www.myspace.com/vigilband462

10. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The general concensus is, Boss for FX and Line 5 for modeling.

I have a GT6B and a few singles that I really like.

11. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    +1

I have loads of single effect units and a Boss Me-50b. I prefer the single effects but as a matter of practicality. The ME does it all and is programmable. I like the convenience of having it all in one unit.

I went with the ME-50b instead of the GT-6B as I have no interest in amp modeling. You should decide on this (and other key features) before proceeding. More features increases the price and the complexity.

12. Im a single effect kinda guy, but like MysticBoo, had a go on a POD and didn't mind it. Im far from being expert in the regard to Multi's, but you might want to give it a go

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021