Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Choosing A New Case For My New Bass. Help?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 12, 2005.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Hi, I'm looking for a good quality hardshell case for my bass. It's an ESP 30th Anniversary Collection four-banger. I know it seems like such a basic thing, but I'd really like some help choosing a good case. I've looked at both Musician's Friend and Music123, and I've narrowed it down to a few choices:

ESP/LTD B-Series Case @ $98
    [​IMG]

Black Kross Universal Bass Case @ $139
    [​IMG]

Gator Stealth Case @ $79
    [​IMG]

Gator GPE Flight Case @ $119
    [​IMG]

Basically, the Black Kross would be the most I'd be willing to spend, and my only requirement is that the case must have plenty of storage space. I don't really care what the case looks like either (for example, I don't like the look of the BK, but if it protects, who cares?) I just need it to keep my bass safe.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Graeme :bassist:

2. I went through a couple of cases at the music store with my teacher yesterday. I found out that the best case to buy would be the most restrictive one, but not limited to one type of bass. My teacher advised me to take http://www.skbcases.com/product/musical_instrument/guitars/skb-44.html
    this one (I think). He told me that buying one that fits a Fender bass will fit almost everything else (something about these basses being the biggest there are).

As you can see, it has the shape hollowed out. Cheaper cases will usually have two square parts hollowed out, with a free space in the middle for the neck. The problem here is that the bass can rattle around in the case, something you should avoid if your bass dents easily (like mine).

3. angeldawn

angeldawn

Nov 2, 2005
    my bass wouldnt fit that case... it has 3 of the tuning nobs on one side and 1 on the other... im looking for a good case also.

4. Guess it's not that one then :D My bass has 3/2 tuning pegs and I know it fits.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I say we bump this one. :) Anyone else have some ideas?

Graeme