1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choosing a pickup from the Barts family

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Triad, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Triad

Triad Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 4, 2006
    Europe
    Luthier - Prometeus Guitars
    Hello! I'm building two basses: a 32" scale 6er and a 35" scale 5er. Both are set-neck basses made with hardwoods. Both fretted. Both will be passive.
    I need to choose pickups for both of them before routing the neck pocket... and my choice is falling on Barts, probably from the CB series.
    Still not sure about the configuration (one pickup in the Sweetspot or two) but looking at the Bartolini products line I see there are many choices... I like how the "Narrow Soapbars" look but since I never tried them I wanted to know what are the difference of the various shapes... any idea? I think I'll take them from Bestbassgear dot com as they have a good selection.
    The sound I'm looking for? A transparent reproduction of what the instrument has acoustically: a nice top end with a good growl on mids and focused lows. Thanx in advance! :D

2. On The DL

On The DL

Apr 1, 2008
    KC
    I've bought Bart p and j p/up sets from Best Bass Gear and while I can't offer any insight beyond what you probably already know about pickup shapes and sounds, I would say give Brian a call at Best Bass Gear- he quite knowledgable, honest and helpful when it comes to p/ups and tone.

DL