1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

choosing a qwah pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hkroy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. hkroy

hkroy

Nov 3, 2007
    Hong Kong
    I am looking for the my first bass wah pedal, but I don't know which one is better--- the weight, the playability and etc..

Also, I am still considering a auto wah or wah pedal, I have few choices in my mind..

1, Dunlop 105Q bass wah

2, EBS BassIQ

3, EBS WahOne

or any suggestion, u guys can tell me too.

thanks

P.S sorry for the typing mistake of the topic ( the extra "q")

2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    the Bass IQ is an envelope/ auto wah type pedal rather than a specific foot wah.

can i recommend the Ibanez weeping demon. probably one of the most tweakable wah pedals out there. sounds grat with fuzz / OD as well!!

3. phunku

phunku

Jan 9, 2008
    London, England
    never tried any of those pedals unfortunatly! but i do have the Bootsy collins bass WAH and it kicks ASS!!!! VERY BASSY on the low setting, perfect! it also has overdrive distortion built in!

only gripe, is that it weighs a f****ng ton!!!

hope that helps!

4. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    expensive but very versatile - and u can use it for guitar as well

5. hkroy

hkroy

Nov 3, 2007
    Hong Kong
    thz everyone

I will try out those models as much as I can~

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I just got a Wilson Effects 12-Position Q Wah. It comes stock with a 12-position external knob that controls the sweep response of the wah (6 increasingly higher settings, 6 increasingly lower settings) and a pot that controls the Q. I got mine with extra external pots for the bass response/gain, mids, and volume, and a blue status LED. I haven't had a chance to use it in a live setting yet, but from tinkering around with it, I'm really satisfied with it. I'll probably be writing up a review in the next few weeks/months.
    Definitely worth a look into!
    http://www.wilsoneffects.com/index.html
    (no, I am not sponsored by, nor do I receive any compensation from Wilson Effects... I'm just an effects junky... :bassist:)

7. WahOne is my weapon of choice.