1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choosing an Eden Cab: Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by russpurdy, Jul 5, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    So I have a 90 pound Traynor 4x10 cab that I dig but it's been a lot to drag along from my condo in my small car. I currently play in a celtic band that plays medium to small bar shows and the odd outdoor festival. I run an ampeg pf500 and have tried a borrowed 1x15 which was ok volume wise and easier to lug but I prefer the punch of the 4x10.

I'm debating between picking up an Eden ex410sc which would be smaller and lighter than my current 4x10 (and around $350) or a pair of Eden ex112's which seem more flexible and portable but pricier ($550 for the pair). Any thoughts on which way to go or has anyone had any positive/negative experience with these cabs or using dual 1x12's? Thanks!

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I just bought a new EX112 yesterday for $219 shipped, so the 2 EX112 option shouldn't cost as much as you think if you go that route. I've been researching the EX line the past couple of days and there is no info on anything but the EX112 and EX110 that I can find. But if the performance of the EX112 is any indicator I think either cab you are considering will perform well. I would go with the best bang for the buck which is probably the EX410SC. Be sure that you get the newest EX410SC that has the whizzer cones.

3. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I received my Eden EX112 yesterday and I must say that it's a very good sounding cab. Tight and punchy! I've recently tried cabs that cost 2 or 3 times as much that didn't sound as good. I would say 2 of these would be a very respectable rig for about $440.

Thundar likes this.
  4. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Are you using your BH250 with it? That's a pairing I'd be interested in hearing more about.

5. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Yes I am. I think it sounds great, especially considering the cost and the size. I have the 4 ohm btw. I also think something like a Tone Hammer 350 would sound great with this cab. Just to give you an idea of the tone I would compare it to a Berg HT112, which would make sense as the internal volume is close to the same. I've owned several HT112's and now have a HT112ER.

6. Your story is why I went to a pair of 210's. If I really need the extra punch, I can take both. Hasn't happened a lot lately, though. I' not familiar with the EX cabs.

7. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Hey, thanks. I just picked up a BH250 this week, so I'll keep the Edens in mind for potential pairing.

8. LowEndBuzz

LowEndBuzz

Sep 1, 2013
    Maryland
    I recently picked up 2 used Eden D112XLT's and love them. I also have an EX112 and a D210XST. This set up is very modular so I mix and match depending on the gig but they always sound great. One thing to keep in mind about the EX112 is that its only a 1/4 in input jack and not Speakon. That got me once when I showed up to rehearsal with only Speakon cables and the EX112 :woot:

9. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I've got an ex410 without the tweeter. I use a 400rb and it sounds really good. Nice and light.

10. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Id look into fearful/fearless cabs. The mid driver adds a ton of punch compared to a mass market 15, and you get a ton of performance with light weight.