Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

choosing between avatar cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mindflow, Feb 20, 2006.

1. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    just got the avatar 210 neo and its awesome. i play through an svt4 pro which has 625 watts per side at 4 ohms. should i get the 212 cab with neos or the delta LF? the neo cab is 600 watts and the delta is 1000. im thinking that i would like to use the 212 cab by itself for smaller gigs. question being, is 1200 mono bridged too much to put through a 600 watt cab? should i go with the delta which will be fine mono but maybe underpowered when using the 210 alongside it?

2. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    both options are okay. I run a SVT4PRO with a BXT410, it is 600 watts cab. Be carefull with the master volume, I never pass that from 12 o'clock or less.

I prefer the 212LF delta instead of the neo, more power to spare, and the difference in weight is not much.

I dont think you will under power the Delta. The SVT4 is a very powerfull amp, that will move those cones very well!:bassist:

just my 2cents

3. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    thanks for the suggestion. i am leaning towards the delta as well.

4. Delta, for the extra power you can't go wrong. The Neo is not that much lighter.