1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Choosing between Boss GT-6B and Line 6 POD XT Live...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Shakey, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
    I've heard that both are decent. However, the only bad thing of the two was the Line 6 is said to have sub-par wha and delay effects.

As an analog pedal lover, I'm a bit reluctant to purchase any digital effects unit. However, I find myself in need of one.

That said....Can anyone speak to the quality of the effects and any thing else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance...

2. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
    I'll give it one and only bump...because I'm interested to know what some of you guys think.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Speaking from my own experience with the GT6B which I own (but no longer use), I'd say if you want good and extrememly tweakable general fx go for the GT6B, if you want good amp sims and drive sounds go for the Line6.

I found the amp sims and drive sound to be rather lack lustre on the boss, sounding rather digital, not warm and natural at all. My £99 behringer v-amp sounds more natural. Most of the fx however sounded great, esp the chorus', and lush delay/reverbs. But I didn't like any of the 4 compressors tho and ended up using an external unit, then a bassballs too as I couldn't get a filter sound I liked. I ended up aumenting it with so much external gear that I realised I was only using a handful of it's features, so stopped using it and got a few stompboxes.

I've heard the line6 gear and I think the ampsims and drives sound fantastic. Not had the chance to play with it myself, so I can't vouch for the fx, but I don't believe they are as tweakable. But this may be a good thing. Like stompboxes with limited controls, you have more chance of finding your sound rather than endlessly tweaking to get someone elses sound. I did find that my sound was getting so coloured with different subtle fx and tonal tweaking in the GT6B that I couldn't hear the sound of my bass anymore, it sound too generic.

So to sum up, fx = boss, ampsims = line6.

But in truth, you're better off with individual pedals.