1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choosing my guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RWM22, May 29, 2007.

1. RWM22

RWM22

May 29, 2007
    I'm looking to upgrade pretty soon here and I'm looking to spend around $800. I'm looking at six guitars right now. A Yamaha, an Ibanez, a Lakland, and 3 different Fenders.
    The Yamaha TRB1004
    Ibanez SR900
    Lakland Skyline 44-01
    Fender Geddy Lee
    Fender Reggie Hamilton
    Fender Frank Bello

Does anyone have any testimonies of any of these guitars... pros and cons maybe. Anything would be nice to know.

I have an Ibanez SR300DX right now and I like it so I'm inclined to go with the SR900, but I know Lakland is quality stuff... but everyone has Fender! ... And Yamaha just is cool... I guess.
    So Idk what to do

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    You talk about Guitars, but then the list of stuff is composed of Basses. Which is it? This isn't talkguitar.com

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    They're bass guitars. They are still guitars- we've just grown unaccustomed to calling them that.

4. zero_cool

zero_cool

Feb 16, 2007
    North Dakota
    You know what he means ;) but personally I would buy myself a nice MTD!! But if I would choose from that list i'd go with Lakland or Ibanez - Not a fan of fenders. Have fun with your new bass!!:hyper:

5. lakland rocks, but save it and get a nice warwick or sadowsky.

6. RWM22

RWM22

May 29, 2007
    lol You dork. "This isn't talkguitar.com"
    Are you serious?
    Anyway... yeah. I tend to steer away from Fenders, but then I watch Flea with his, or something like that and I say "I want one!"

7. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    ha ha ha you dork...

:)

8. Wingviper

Wingviper

Aug 3, 2006
    I picked up an SR900 a few months back, its very nice for the price, I put flats on it after a few months an like it even more now.

Its a great bass with lots of options on sound, I too started out on Ibanez, the SR900 was the next step up from the GSR200, I dont think you will be sorry if you get it but you should play them all and then pick the one that sounds and feels the best to you.

You should be able to get the SR900 for way under $800, I think I got mine for $400 new on e-bay.

9. zero_cool

zero_cool

Feb 16, 2007
    North Dakota
  10. when I say the post title, I knew this was coming and LOL'd anyway when I read your post! :D

11. Jepus

Jepus

Apr 1, 2004
    Edinburgh
    I own a TRB1005. It's a great bass, specially considering the price tag. The onboard EQ is very versatile, within a couple of hours of playing round with it I had loads of different tones dialled in.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021