SOLD "Chopped" 1970s B-15N Portaflex head. Rehoused in NEW Fliptops head box

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by EpicSoundtracks, May 16, 2016.

1. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    Price:
    This '70s B-15N was literally salvaged from the garbage. I obtained the chassis about 10 years ago from a friend who grabbed it from someone's trash and set about restoring it. All the original iron and circuitry was there, so I had my amp tech install tubes, replace the faulty components, add a grounded power cable, and get it up and running. It's not the cleanest-sounding B15 you'll ever hear, but given its age and provenance, it does a great job! I LOVE recording with this thing. The power section overdrives in a very pleasing way, so you can get that Motown thump, or hit it a little harder to get radical rock tones at non-insane volume levels.

I purchased the head box from the fine folks at Fliptops about a year ago (for $329 + shipping) and it's never been gigged. I think it's fair to describe it as in brand-new condition.

I think that's all there is to tell you about it. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for looking!

Trade interests:
    • solid-state Ampegs (esp. SVT3)
    • GK heads (esp. 800RB)
    • Japanese basses of all kinds
    • Peavey Furys, Foundations, Patriots, and T40s and T40 parts

p1.jpg p2.jpg p3.jpg p4.jpg

Mpacificar, Sundrop66 and JMacBass65 like this.
  2. johnnyCreep

johnnyCreep

Jul 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Wow, that's cool!