CHOPS!!!!... the challenge

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chips, May 7, 2005.

1. Gday Badgers,

So.. chops, and im not talking about meat or your flashy pieces of music, but the sideburns :cool: My challenge, to grow the coolest set of chops you can, and post a pic, then the chops may be judged and we will have a winner (who wins nothing), or we can just have cool photos of sideburns. I started the growing today. Anyone dig the challenge?

Chips :bassist:
  2. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Wow, I just cut mine.
  3. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    This isn't what I look like now, but this is a picture of me in costume as Mr. Snow in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel a few years ago.

Here I am after the show, out of costume:

I know these are crappy pictures, but they're the best I have.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is the one place that I cannot grow facial hair. If I could grow chops, I would be sporting a full beard instead of a goatee.
  5. Me in -

1972 (long before my curmudgeon days):

…and with my evil twin

- Wil
  6. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I couldn't grow a pair of sideburns if my life depended on it. :meh:
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I can grow burns, but they don't match up with my hair. I have what we in the business call "Multiracial Facial Hair"
  8. Man, I can grow the burns and the mustache, but I can't grow the beard. I had a nasty set of chops at the beginning of the year, an I got away with it too because I had long hair to cover them up, but now that I've cut it, I'll look goofy as hell :crying:
  9. I just trimmed mine :( but earlier they were about an inch wide and went down to my jawbone. And they stuck out about a quarter inch. :cool:
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wil looks a tad like Robert Fripp in the top pic. Now that cat had some Chops. I couldn't find any decent pictures, but if you've seen early KC album photos... you know what I'm talking about.
  11. Robert Fripp - there's a name I haven't heard for years! Remember Giles, Giles & Fripp? (From the late '60s / early '70s) - talking of which here are two of me from the early '70s and early '80's:
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Bah, best "chops" pic I could find

I've only heard Robs work in King Crimson. Who are these Giles cats? I've also been meaning to check out his ambient work with Eno.

Ha, Fripps hair just kinda all blended together into one big curly mop though.
  13. not me (obviously) but still hella sweet
  14. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Not me, sadly...

15. Here's the link to a review of "The Cheerful Insanity of Giles, Giles & Fripp" (1968)

- Wil
  16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool. I'll have to keep an eye out. Though around these parts... I won't be seeing anything. :(

17. i didnt know there were pics of me on the net :D

18. Ah, straight on top, afro on the face? Me too. :(
  19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If I had "chops" like any of those pictured, I'd be sleepin' on the couch.
  20. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I don't have the chops yet, school wont let me grow them. Over the summer I have a plan to fully frow out my beard, and the shave it into chops for senior pictures.

Attached Files: