1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chord Construction

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Here's the latest in my music theory for bass series. This time on chord construction starting with triads:

Next week the lesson on Seventh chords will be released and then the one on extensions. I'm on tour so I've scheduled the lessons to be released each Saturday for the next few weeks.

Let me know if you think these are concise enough. I'm aiming to make this stuff as simple to understand as possible. This theory series is going to cover all the general theory and functional harmony that you are taught right up to degree level but I want it to seem easy as I progress through.
    Hope it's of some use.

Mark

2. Lacuga

Lacuga

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Connecticut
    Outstanding lesson. Thanks!

3. Thanks a lot. Glad you like it

4. Batman!

Batman!

Oct 29, 2004
    I finally got around to watching this video. Great lesson, Mark. The chord progression examples were exceptionally helpful in demonstrating the application of the material; something I've found many theory-centric lessons to be lacking.