Chord Generator App

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Type-55, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Hi,
    Can anyone recommend an app that will generate chords like a piano playing a Dmin7 so I can practice the different arpeggios over that chord? BITB might work but $$$$.

2. ZeroGlockThirty

ZeroGlockThirty

Nov 10, 2015
    Check out chordbot

Junkyard Stalker likes this.
  3. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    Or iReal Pro. There are several threads on that. At $12.99, it's a great value.

BassChuck likes this.
  4. Little time at this site and you will be able to generate any chord you like --- that fish thing --- Chord Formulas

• The Dm7 chord is made from the 1-b3-5-b7 notes of the D major scale.
    • The D major scale has these notes; D E F# G A B C# I found them here --- Chords In The Key Of D This site gives the notes and chords.
    • So a Dm7 chord is made from the D-F-A-C notes.
    • Which can be found using this box:
      • Major Scale Box.
        G|---2---|-------|---3---|---4---| 1st string
        D|---6---|--b7--|---7---|---8---|
        A|---3---|---4---|-------|---5---|
        E|-------|---1---|-------|---2---|--b3--|4th string
    Have fun.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  5. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012

That too was my first thought when I read the thread title: No app should replace the knowledge & ability to construct chords.

But reading the OP it appears that's not what he's asking. He's looking for something that will play audio (or MIDI) of whatever chords he specifies, so that he can have a robot accompanist during his practice sessions.

6. My bad.

7. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    That's okay; keep fighting the good fight! :)

8. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    To clarify, lets say you have a diminished chord to play over, but no piano or guitar player around to play the chord.
    So to "hear" what certain arpeggios, be it major or minor sound like it would be great to have an app that would play
    the diminished chord so I could hear what the arpeggios sound like. More ear training than anything else.

9. Videos like this are all over the Internet. Perhaps this will do what you want. Click the YouTube icon in the lower right hand side of the screen for more.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  10. BigJohnAZ

BigJohnAZ

Jun 26, 2012
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021