Chorus and its benefit's?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 1N1is111, May 10, 2001.

1. 1N1is111

May 9, 2001
    I was just wondering what are the benefit's of using a chorus and what sort of things can it add to the sound.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

As I use it, it adds a very pretty, "singing", kind of ring to notes. With a good amp dialed in right and a modern bass, the notes can seems to go right off the stage into the audience, as opposed to the bass booms they get in the chest and through their feet.

The ones I've used don't do much for B and E strings, but they make the higher strings ring and have some of the glassy, shimmering, transparent, effect of chimes.
  3. The only time I use my Boss CEB-3 is for Come as you Are by Nirvana when the guitarist is doing the solo. It sounds really good. I think its usful for these kinds of things, like trying to replicate what the guitarist would usually do when he does a solo.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I always liked using a chorus effect for "filling up the track" if you will... Like in a trio or something like that where the bass has to carry of a lot of weight.
  5. 1N1is111

May 9, 2001
    what would be a good chorus pedal to get? I have a Ibanez GSR 205 (I know Soundgear suck, But its my first bass and its a good starter).

I was thinking on getting The Boss Chorus Emulator(i think thats the one).
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    If you don't mind spending some cash, you can't go wrong with the EBS UniChorus. Although I think that pedal might cost you more than your bass did. ;) (I think it's around $250?)
  7. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    whats the benefit of using bass synth? whats the benefits of using Wah Wah?

there are no benefits. in the right places in the right time it may spice things up and add something to a song or a bassline. that of course depends on you, the artist, who decides where to put which effects, according to your taste (an advice: never write a song around an effect, intresting sounds don't make up for a poor melody).
  8. p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    in my opinion soundgears dont suck, but has anyone ever tried a chorus through a flanger?