Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chorus and Octaver pedal recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by coffee-sipper, Jan 21, 2004.

1. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    I am looking for a Chorus and Octaver pedals, to start off my effects usage. What are some good pedals out there besides Boss that I may be missing? I will certainly be going the used route. Durable, quite, and easy to use are the features I am looking for.
    Thanks

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    try the Digitech BP540 Bass Processor. It does want you want and more... you can do octavider, distortion, fretless, wah, chorus, and even make your own amp sound like another companies. they go for about $250 Canadian dollars. Its really easy to use, and it sounds amazing.:bassist:

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    For an Octave pedal, the EBS Octabass is top notch! It's easy to dial in a sound, and tracks extremely quickly!:D

For a chorus pedal, EBS makes an excellent one. So does TC Electronic. My favorite, though, is the Fulltone Choralflange, which I have at home and HIGHLY recommend.:D

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    For octave I use the Digitech Bass Synth Wah. Yes, it's a synth pedal but it has an octave mode which beats anything else I've heard. Other ones: EBS, Boss and more (just can't remember right now)

For chorus I use the Analogman Clone Chorus. There's plenty of other good ones out there: TC SCF, Fulltone, EBS.

Both topics have been gone over a lot of times, if you do a search here you'll find of plenty of threads and comparisons.

5. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Would the AKAI HEADRUSH and Boss Octaver be too redundant? Meaning if I had the AKAI HEADRUSH would the boss ocatver not be necessary?

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    They both do very different things. The Headrush is a phrase sampler/looper pedal, the octaver is an octave pedal.

7. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    The only effects I use are a Boss Chorus and an older style EBS Octave pedal. I run throught he effects, then into a Sadowsky Preamp/DI.

I power all of them with an EBS adaptor and an Ibanez daisy chain. The EBS adapter is 110/240 capable, very lightweight and does not produce any hum, which I've been told can happen with other adaptors.

bmc