1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chorus Dilemma

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CodeYbassboy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Sometimes I think my Boss CEB-3 may be possessed. Sometimes I'll use it and it'll be fine, other times it gives off a horrid whistling noise. I can control the speed of the whistling with the rate knob. I'm wondering if this is caused by my power supply (one spot, daisy chained from a Boss TU-2), where it is in the chain (After the tuner, a bassballs, and a RAT), or something else.

I'm tempted to just replace it with another unit. I was hoping someone could give me a little more info on the following chorus pedals, as there aren't many bass friendly reviews out there.

-Visual Sound H20
    -EHX Small Clone
    -Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus
    -Guyatone MC3 Micro Chorus
    -Rocktron Tsunami

Or any other chorus pedal, although I don't want to spend more than the H20.

Any and all feedback would be mucho appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I had the same thing happen to me and my CEB-3!

It was a bad CABLE.

I'm not kidd'n ya.

It's true...

Joe

3. my old amp (peavey Mark III) used to do that same thing depending on what speaker out i used. It was just the effect feedding back on itself. Dist does the same thing if you turn the level up to high, it may just be that way for me since I put everything in my effects loop but thought I would try.