Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chorus Dilemma

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CodeYbassboy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Sometimes I think my Boss CEB-3 may be possessed. Sometimes I'll use it and it'll be fine, other times it gives off a horrid whistling noise. I can control the speed of the whistling with the rate knob. I'm wondering if this is caused by my power supply (one spot, daisy chained from a Boss TU-2), where it is in the chain (After the tuner, a bassballs, and a RAT), or something else.

I'm tempted to just replace it with another unit. I was hoping someone could give me a little more info on the following chorus pedals, as there aren't many bass friendly reviews out there.

-Visual Sound H20
    -EHX Small Clone
    -Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus
    -Guyatone MC3 Micro Chorus
    -Rocktron Tsunami

Or any other chorus pedal, although I don't want to spend more than the H20.

Any and all feedback would be mucho appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I had the same thing happen to me and my CEB-3!

It was a bad CABLE.

I'm not kidd'n ya.

It's true...

Joe

3. my old amp (peavey Mark III) used to do that same thing depending on what speaker out i used. It was just the effect feedding back on itself. Dist does the same thing if you turn the level up to high, it may just be that way for me since I put everything in my effects loop but thought I would try.