chorus/flanger/phaser recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RS, Apr 21, 2002.

1. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I just got a qtron (which is pretty cool so far) and I'm looking for a flanger, phaser, or chorus to throw in the mix. Any recommendations?
    I also use a digitech bass whammy for the lower octave sounds.

the very best volume / phaser / wah / flangers / etc you could wish for at a very, very good price.
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Try an MXR phase 90...
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Chorus/Flanger - either TC Electronics or EBS. These are widely held as the best pedals on the market.

Phase Shifter - Boss PH-3. Has very cool features, including tap tempo and multiple stages.
  5. If you can find one, the TC Electronics XII B/K phaser (B/K for Bass/Keyboards, extended frequency response) is one of the best, if not THE best, stomp phaser there is. 4, 8 and 12-stage phasing, and the phase can be manually controlled with an expression pedal.

Before that I used to use a Pearl PH44 phaser - with two speeds (footswitchable, with inertia between the two speeds). One hell of a phase, but some loss of frequencies depending on where you set the manual control.

But i'll give a thumbs up also for the MXR Phase 90 (or Phase 180).
  6. Phaser: Akai Intelliphase. They're discontinued but they were never popular so they're dirt-cheap--I got mine for $50. Solid metal casing, true bypass, all analog circuitry, classic 4-step sound--what else would you want? Oh yeah, it also has a touch-sensitivity option, as well as a feedback control for a richer sound.
  7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I've had a LOT of luck with my Boss Super Phaser, which I got used for squat. Aside from my Fodera preamp box, it's the most useful of any of my effects.

As an aside, I bought a mini Q-tron today and I'm dyin' to get home and try it out with my phaser and/or flange.
  8. PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    need to achieve somewhat of the cochise feel (audio slave).. did anyone here have a review on the Morphine Dream™, retro sonic or pigtronix.. some of these seem to have too many expensive options for me on bass at this time, but the fuzz or distortion capability on the Loud Button Morphine seemed cool.. but pricey
  9. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, CA
    MXR Bass Chorus deluxe; flanger included!
  10. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Guyatone FL3 Flanger. It works great with bass.
  11. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
  12. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio