Chorus Pedal??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mutilation, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    What should i do? wanna add a chorus pedel to my bass rig... ehh i dont have the money for a BOSS Bass CHORUS (just bought an envelope filter).. would a Ice Box Sterio CHrous work? or even a regular guitar chorus? THanks for the help
  2. if you cant afford the boss bass chorus then dont buy a chorus yet... actually the guitar boss chorus pedals work ok on bass as well just the lows sound kinda crappy.. look on ebay... they usually have them for pretty cheap. I wouldnt recommend very much with the name DOD printed on it and remember, STAY AWAY FROM MULTI EFFECTS!!!
  3. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I'd like to reiterate: Don't put much faith in DOD.

The Ice Box is a tone sucking, flat, bland and lifeless excuse for a chorus pedal. IMO, of course. I gave mine away, hated the thing.

Definately check out eBay. That site rules. I get GAS every time I log on...
  4. i had good luck with an old ibanez bc 10.. wish i could find another
  5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've used a BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus with my 5-string bass, and it worked very well (actually better than I expected). I've never tried the BOSS Bass Chorus because I never needed to. A used CH-1 can probably be found for about $30-$40.
  6. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    save your money and buy a BOSS CEB-3 Bass Chorus. You will not regret it.
  7. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Sorry if this is a bit off topic....but I was just wondering what exactly is "classical bass"(as you mention at the bottom of your post)? The repetoire of pieces for bass from the "classical period" is extremely limited, and the number of pieces composed for orchestral double bass, including the works of Rabbath and Turetzky is also slight, so I am wondering what exactly you are playing as "classical bass".
  8. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    ahhhh hey dood

Classical bass is like playing a classical peice on bass guitar.. its not that limited... if you can play by ear you can transcribe any classical peice to bass.. i can play by ear a little.. not the best though... alot of classical stuff has chords =X.. suite De Bach is a really cool one to learn.. its not toooo hard it took me like a week and a half to learn it and play it without looking at the sheet music
  9. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I thought it might be something like that. Yes, I am very familiar with both the art of transcription (of which learning a tune by ear is not) and interpreting orchestral pieces on the bass. I currently perform several of Bach's unaccompanied cello suites, Satie's "Gymniopedies" as well as selections from Mozart's "Die Zauberflote" in my solo bass show.
    By the way there are a couple of very good books on chord theory and practice for the bass (of which either would help diminish the "=X") one is by Michael Dimin, the other by me.
    ...and it is "i before e except AFTER c"