Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

chorus pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowtones, Dec 30, 2000.

1. ok i'm looking for a chorus pedal. i want one that has good sound but for under $100. i saw the Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus pedal in musician's friend catalog for $59.99 . I wanna know if that's a good deal or there's anyhitng better that i should consider. thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have the CEB-3 and it works bitchen. You can set it so it affects full range, or so that the low end is not affected. Plenty of adjustment, and it doesn't crap out. I'd say $60 is okay for it.

3. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I think my CEB-3 was $80 and i'd do it again. At $60 now is the time.

4. bassmanjck

bassmanjck

Jan 12, 2001
    I use a Danelectro Cool Cat. It's a guitar pedal, but sounds great on the bass, and doesn't effect the low end. (If you play guitar too, it's the most beautiful sounding chorus I've ever heard for guitar.) It cost something like $70 or $80.

5. Bass Case

Bass Case

May 20, 2000
    I also own the Boss and it works great for giving body to a slow song.

6. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    LOVE MY BOSS!! I paid $80 for mine also. DON"T LET THIS DEAL SLIP AWAY!!!!

7. Negative_Zero

Negative_Zero

Jan 8, 2001
    Man i am using a boss guitar chorus and it is the best thing i have ever used don't let that deal slip away!!! i found mine for $20 at a 2nd hand store, did they ever get ripped off!!! Buy it!!!!!
    KEvin ;)

8. yeah .. i went out and bought it a week ago .. i love this thing!! Thanks to all you guys for helping.