1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CHORUS TO LOWPASS FILTER OR VICE VERSA?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by laklandfan07, Mar 28, 2015.

1. laklandfan07

laklandfan07 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2014
    hey guys, i have a question on what you typically do for that drum n bass tone and how you incorporate a chorus pedal in there. the patch i have right now is OC2 (obviously full octave no clean lol)-->chorus-->Moog LPF. now i've tried OC2-->Moog LPF-->chorus and it sounds good, but theres something about feeding a chorus tone into a low pass filter and then opening up the cutoff via expression pedal that i really like. the downside to this is that this method seems to choke off that shimmer that a chorus pedal provides, so i was wondering what you guys do.

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    For me when I'm doing synthy tones the chorus is playing the role making it sound like mulitple detuned oscillators (which is why the IE Xerograph is awesome for this purpose) and so I put it before my LPF.

3. It sounds pretty good to me either way. I sometimes go before the filter with the chorus sometimes after.

laklandfan07 likes this.
  4. laklandfan07

laklandfan07 Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2014
    man IE is killer. i just got the Subbterranea and its nuts