Chorus to Peg?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Gyoon, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Just what in the world is Chuck Rainey doing on the Bm7 E7 Am7 D7 turnaround? I'm talking about the first chorus in the song, but also the outro chorus where he just goes nuts. He seems to go higher on the neck, but I don't think he's slapping octaves.

Anybody know where I can get/buy an accurate transcription of this song.

2. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I use to play that one note for note. If you can't find it I'll reaquaint myself with the tune and tab it out for you :)
  3. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Wasn't this recently transcribed in Bass Player? A few months ago, I think...?
  4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    PM me where to send it.

I have a sheet version of the song.
  5. Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    I checked out the power tabs version and it seems to me to be all but perfect except for the part I'm talking about. Still an excellent transcription.

6. Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    Leanne, Im pretty sure that was "Kid Charlemagne" that was recently transcribed in BP which is of course yet another Steely Dan/Chuck Rainey gem.
    As far as the chorus goes, I checked out the tabs on basstabarchive as my band (a bass/drums/keys trio) is attempting it (trio covering SD songs=no small feat) and they give a decent transcription. Im still trying to REALLY nail the chorus.
    Im sure you'll agree the notes arent the hard part but the timing and technique is EVERYTHING.
    If you havent seen the Tabs on BTA heres the link
    Good luck!
  7. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Oops, yes, that was it, sorry to mislead... Thanks Zemaitis
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I was interested to see the following disclaimer at that site :

"... the content of the files is to be used for private study, scholarship or research only.
    Moreover, the goal is also to give to the guitarist a chance to make original arrangements of songs and to share them with other guitarists.
    Consequently, these tabs are a personal interpretation of a musical arrangement by a Guitar Pro user and do not intend to provide a precise tab of the artist. If you notice any Guitar Pro files with a copyright infraction, warn us and the file will be deleted.

We do not aspire to infringe copyrights, and we embolden you to purchase the artist's album and official song book."
  9. JimK

Dec 12, 1999