1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chorus ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wobbles, Jul 18, 2007.

1. wobbles

wobbles

Jun 3, 2007
    I have a boss ceb-3 and it is just too subtle for me. I am interested in getting either a rocktron deep blue or a digitech multi-chorus. Any suggestions?? Also does anyone have any experience with the digitech guitar multi-chorus vs the bass multi-chorus. I listened to both on digitechs website, and the guitar seems to sound much better

2. I used to own a Digitech Bass Chorus and now own a Boss CE-5. I think the digitech was thicker, but I prefer the sound of the boss overall. I think the boss sounds a bit more natural (for lack of a better word)

3. oxygenbass

oxygenbass

Jun 27, 2007
    UK - Cumbria
    Hitting the low notes for the king of kings
    Avoid Digitech go for the Boss chorus!!

However i use a danelectro guitar chorus - its a fantastic chorus with a very simple way to get the sound you want and its only £25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. hallo

hallo

May 1, 2007
    Staffs, UK
    Try the EHX Small Clone, you get stupid amounts of chorus out if it!

5. boss chorus. without a doubt.

6. jonpopu

jonpopu

Nov 3, 2006
    Chicago
    Well since the OP said he wasn't happy with the boss chorus he had, I'll throw in my two cents and say that I really enjoy my Rocktron Tsunami. I haven't played with the deep blue, but I assume it is at least similar to the tsunami (the tsunami just has the extra delay function) When I bought it I A/Bed it with the EHX nano clone, and found that I liked the Tsunami better IMO.

7. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The Nano Clone is the problem child of the Clone family. :meh:

The others are great, though!

8. ph0rk

ph0rk

Feb 24, 2007
    Unlike others, I prefer the digitech bass chorus to the boss, imho it is capable of more liquid deep slow detune type sounds, which is what I wanted. (And it was able to do what the boss could do, too)

9. Racermech

Racermech

Apr 10, 2007
    Quite a few posts and no "Do a search!"

Anywho, I have played through the Boss CE-5 and it was pretty good. My favorite by far is the Analogman Chorus with Deep Mod. Holy cow, perfect chorus. Also, a Digitech whammy will get you a pretty nice chorus (detune) along with a lot of other cool features.

The Boss chorus is a popular one amongst a lot of people around here.

10. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    I have tried all the pedals u first mentioned. But have kept the Deep Blue. Its my favourite chorus, i love it loads.

11. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I would avoid anything Digitech or EHX...Try Analogman or Homebrew Electronics. They will cost you a bit more, but IMO they are worth the extra $$$

12. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :eyebrow:

I wonder why the Analogman chorus is based on the Small Clone? :D

13. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Either of the two that you mentioned should be wet enough for you, especially when compared to the Boss Bass Chorus. I am one of the few that really likes the Digitech Bass Multi-Chorus around here. It is capable of getting very THICK sounds.

Now, I have a Homebrew Electronics THC and I'm really pleased with it. However, it costs over twice what the Digitech costs. I haven't tried the guitar version of the Digitech so I won't comment on that.

Good luck.

14. ach, never mention anything bad about EHX when mystics around!

15. I'd recommend an EHX Clone Theory. You'll know it's good when you listen to some Joy Division/New Order.

16. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :D

EHX is hardly perfect. I love many of their effects... but not all of them. And I'm well aware of their flaws, their varying build quality, etc.

But when it comes to bashing my favorites, that's my job :p

17. Ravens

Ravens Rivethead

Jan 12, 2007
    Malmö, Sweden
    Ohh! thats a nice one.

I tried one a few years ago and i thougt it sounded super, but i never got it for some reason.

18. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Small Clone all the way. I have an original and love it.

19. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I've got a Danelectro CoolCat Chorus and it works great. It's smooth, rich and full--and it's really easy to use.

20. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The re issue Stereo Clone Theory is an amazing chorus at a very decent price. I think its much deeper and rich sounding then the Small clone.