Chris Bardolph jazz bass of doom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolph, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    When my fretless bass is done I'm gonna make a jazz bass, but I decided to cut the horns slightly differently and use a custom pickguard with no metal plate. My problem is coming with a color scheme, so let me know what you think.

2. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    The colors look good but, where the control plate should be; the Pickguard looks to "thick". trim it down some more (almost P-bass like).

3. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Ok, here's the 2nd version with a slightly thinner pickguard section and matching headstock.

4. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Looks very good! I like the second version a lot more (I'm not too sure about the matching headstick though). nice work

5. I personally prefer the 1st one. Very nice design! I love the classic Fender look, and you just made a very nice twist on it. Lookin good!

6. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I think you're right about the natural headstock looking better. Those pickups would actually be painted white too. I'm not totally sure on the color for the body, but I know I want a black pickguard.

7. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Make the neck pickup match the body and the bridge pickup black :)

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Is it BROWN? I Thought it was deep red with black guard... hmm these end-of-semester tests and examsare taking my wits, but it looks like they took my sight, too!! :eek: :( :D well ok so much reading those big and thick books for the exams is bad for the eye... but i am addicted to TB and dont want to rest them! :D

9. looks great. pick guad an all. i think you should make the hardware gold with black pickups though. keep the matching headstock