1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chris Benavente: The Bass Building Machine Returns

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wilbyman, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    You know, I think there is alot of closet "spamming" on TB which looks somewhat like this post. That's neither here nor there, but here's my story:

Every once in a while I wander into the Benavente progress pics (around NAMM) and find some absolutely sick pictures which I think need to be shared. Honestly, these look to be the illest yet.

P4020028.

P4020031.

P4020033.

P4020035.

P4020032.

P4020037.

2. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Last but not least, one of Raj's new one...

P4030042.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Chris has the *best* singlecut body shape out there, I think. Too many look like the top bout is outweighing the rest of the bass like some kind of growth, but his look perfectly balanced to the eye.

Great basses!

4. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    That is soooooo beautiful! GAS!

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    It has grown on me recently as a shape. I agree with you on the balance...my Eshenbaugh has a huge top bout and it just dominates the rest of the instrument. I think the SCB is the best one but I can see why people like the SCD so much.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nice as always. I wonder if he can build a radiused top (basically a ramp) to cover the three-pickup models.

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Bryan, I know they've done one big pickup housing for various basses (check the old ones) so I'd imagine just one big radiused pickup cover would be the thing to do on a spec order.

8. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    +1. If I were to get a singlecut, this'd be it.