Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chris Botti

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Feb 11, 2002.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Has anyone seen the new chris botti concert on free-view this month on direct tv! Now there is a damn good bass player! His name is Jon Ossam

2. bass2020

bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Dude, I saw that last weeked, it kicks a$$
    He was using a MusicMan Fretless and an eden amp.
    Sounded sweet!

3. There's a damn good trumpet player, too!

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Everyone was great that he had on stage with him! But i have been looking and wondering if its the same bass player that plays on any of his albums?

5. I really don't know, haven't checked out his albums yet. I plan on switching to DirecTv this month. Is the concert playing all month?

I saw Botti live with Tony Levin on TL's B.L.U.E. tour (he's on the album, too) - simply amazing.

6. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yep all month! He did a couple tunes with sting! Sounded great! He has a female drummer that is very good and the bass player is the ####! Hope ya get it soon enough to watch it! But keep in mind they might only show it on the weekends!

7. He did sound great, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't a MusicMan he was playing, and I think it did have frets. I couldn't tell what kind of bass it was. It has a really MM look to it, so I thought it wasa Ray 5, at first, too, but it has a Fender-ish 4+1 headstock and two Jazz pups. Anybody know what he was playing?

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I agree i dont think it was a mm because the pick guard had a diff shape to it!