Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chris Isaak and Silvertone

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Hategear, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Just a note to let ya'll know that I picked up Chris Isaak's new CD, Always Got Tonight this afternoon. So far, I like what I've heard. My two faves after one listen-through are "Let Me Down Easy" and "Always Got Tonight." "Easy" has sort of a Garbage-esque bassline to it and "Tonight" just plain rocks!

Anyone else wish Roy Orbison was still alive so he could duet with Chris?

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I've always liked Chris' voice. (and as badly acted and scripted as it is, I like his television show too) I haven't ever bought one of his albums though. I should get around to that. I love Wicked Games. It's great how the guitar hits those dissonant notes and it just sounds so beautiful.

It was a tragedy though to see the great Roy Orbison pass. One of the most talented vocalist to ever be in rock. It's saying a lot when you are at an Elvis concert and Elvis puts a spotlight on you out in the audience and calls you the greatest singer ever.

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Elvis called you the greatest singer ever? ;) Just kidding, bro -- I know what you meant.

What is with The Chris Isaak Show anyway? I can't tell if it's the acting that's bad, the writing that's bad or a little of both! Still, it is kind of entertaining. I don't understand the mermaid thing though, do you?

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The mermaid thing is definatley screwed up. I guess it's suppose to be this mermaid swimming around in an aquaruim at the one club he goes to. It might have some metaphorical meaning to it, but I missed it, if it does. Personally, I think it's just an excuse to show some breasts, but I could be wrong.