1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chris Lester of Sully Erna..singlecut fretless 5??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, May 18, 2011.

1. Hey, checking out the new Sully Erna "Avalon" vids, in the "7 Years"video Chris Lester is playing a single-cut fretless 5.......sounds stinkin great.
    Anyone have any idea who makes it?

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I just DVR'd it but no time to watch yet. I'll check it out and see if I can't help at all.

3. I've been watching it on YouTube in full screen, but can't tell.

4. I think it may be a Stambaugh....@ 4:49 of the first video on Sully Erna's site (the making of Avalon) there is a good shot of it.
    Looks to me like it might be a Stambaugh......

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Yep, that's what it looks like to me, too.

6. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    Def. a stammy. Good to see Chris's work getting out there more.

7. Chrislester

Chrislester

Jun 8, 2011
    It is indeed a Stambaugh 5 string. It's not fretless though, although I would love to have one of those as well. I used a Fernandez on the Sully Erna album as I did not have the Stambaugh yet.
    It's a great bass!

8. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    From the man himself! Great playing on that record, btw. I pretty much dig on any/everything Sully touches so his solo record was a great change of pace and just a really great record. :cool:

9. Chrislester

Chrislester

Jun 8, 2011
    Thank you! It was incredible to get to play on that album and work with Sully. He's a great guy and a very talented musician/ songwriter. We're out on the road right now and I am using my Stambaugh direct to the P.A.with no amp.
    Can't say enough great things about that bass (I'm not endorsed or anything so I don't have to say that :)
    Thanks for listening to the album and showing an interest.