Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chris Poland's Chasing The Sun

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JMX, Oct 7, 2002.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I was walking the aisles of my local cd store - and lo and behold, I stumble across this CD which I only read about on the net.

I loved Chris' Return To Metalopolis and the Damn The Machine album to death - and now I find this gem, a great start into the week. :)

For those who don't know who I'm babbling about - check out the first two Megadeth albums... ;)

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i found the metalopolis disk at aces in tampa when it came out after searching high and low, and its one of my favs. got to meat chris when he was playing the ritz in ybor city (tampa) w/ damn the machine- hung out on his bus, had a beer and bs'd w/ him for a while, i think i was only like 17 or so. he's a really great guy, i'd love to find his new disk (this is new?)

what's it like? still weird metal/jazz? his phrasing is beautiful.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's pretty much a continuation of Return to Metalopolis, but the jazz/fusion aspect is more prominent.

I once saw DTM open for Dream Theater several years back - and they kicked DT's butts!
    Too bad they didn't have success.
    I'd really like to see a remastered release, similar to Return To Metalopolis 2002 http://www.lionmusic.com/index2.htm