Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chris Simms!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oliphaunt, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    As a true Texas fan, I of course hate Chris Simms... so when he ended up throwing the last pass of his college career as an interception, I was overjoyed. It was classic Simms, because he was passing late trying to get a Big-12 record, even though the team should have been running. So his egotistical ways backfired and he made an interception.

Anyway, very happy for the victory, especially after a truly horrible start. Was glad to see Roy Williams have an AMAZING game.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Congrats on the win. As a member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '98 I'm also entitled to hate Chris Simms but for different reasons than the UT fans. :)

Your observations are right on target. When the Horns were playing someone on national TV this past year (maybe it was us...I don't remember) the TV announcer kept talking about how awesome Simms is and how he's got a great NFL career ahead. The guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

The Horns are better off without him. Roy Williams has been da man at UT.

I'm just excited for this new season with a new coach at A&M! :D

later...

brad cook

3. Well as an LSU fan I'm gonna have to say I hate Chris Simms and Roy Williams, the only reason Simms is good is because of Williams. The only reason why Texas won is because of big plays from Williams. One man team.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Correction: Simms ISN'T good.

Hmmm...well if that is really true then LSU should be embarrassed for being beaten by one man. 11 vs. 1 and they lost?

:confused:

brad cook

5. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    Speaking of that, I have a question to see if you agree with me.

Isn't RC Slocum an incredibly dumb-sounding name?

6. Brad,
    Come on, without those big plays from Williams its a blowout for LSU.