CHRIS SQUIRE AND ME !!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rockscott, Sep 6, 2010.

1. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    This is a picture of me and my good pal chris in caimbridge ma. a couple years ago. Chris was in a rut so i met him to give him a few pointers on bass playing! LOL.

2. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    Another better shot.

3. Ow, my pride. How was he?

4. According to Wikipedia, Chris did some acid and woke up in a hospital not knowing who he was, what he was, or who anybody else was. For a period of time afterward he woudn't come out of his girlfriends apartment, and he practiced while he was holed up there and developed his style. He did say it was the last time he did acid.

Not recommended as a bass improvement method, but it sure worked for him. Glad he didn't end up thinking he was an orange and the whole world was out to peel him or put him in the squeezer instead of becoming the incredible musician he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Squire

5. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    Dude, you actually know Chris Squire? I'm saluting you right now man. Have you ever played "The Ric"?

6. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    I must confess, this picture was taken at a meet & greet (yes). My wife & i waited 3 hours in the roasting august sun to meet them. I knew this would be my once in a lifetime chance to meet chris squire! Anderson,wakemen,howe & squire.

7. bassguppy

bassguppy

Jan 8, 2003
    Queens
    The most exciting part of their tour. I would think getting a root canal would be more fun. :eyebrow:

not referring to meeting the OP, just the thought that they have done this probably 10,000 times.

[​IMG]

8. Jon Anderson's back?! :hyper:

9. Hoover

Hoover Inactive

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City

Sadly, no. See post #1:

10. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    I dont think jon will be back, he has some bigtime respitory problems, almost died from what i hear?

11. Ah, didn't notice that.:(

12. He's on tour with Rick Wakeman, I'm going to see him in December I think. He was pretty ill for a time, but he must be on the mend to be able to tour. Well I hope he is!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021