1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chris Squire: Isolated bass track to "Roundabout" (1971)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by A.K., Jun 28, 2014.

1. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    The man is an extraordinary virtuoso. His timing, his note choices, his picking technique--he has very few peers in the world of rock bass playing.

2. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    those fresh rounds and fret buzz..... awesome. i hear very little actual overdrive- you'd think there was more, from the full mix of this track.

i can remember being a kid and hearing this track. kind of a milestone for electric bass playing. i love how little low end he has here, and how much energy there still is in this sound/his playing.

thanks for posting!

SBassman and A.K. like this.
  3. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    Monster player, love Squire, awesome as usual A.K.

4. I'd forgotten Yes - even though Rick Wakeman lives in my part of the country, and you bump into him from time to time. I had a re-listen, and sort of surprised myself. If I picked up the bass he played that on, I'd have spent ages trying to get it to stop buzzing, rattling and twanging! Context is everything.