1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chris Wolstenholme [MUSE] Rig Video

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris V., Apr 22, 2010.

1. DarkSword likes this.
  2. good find! i didnt know he used a prunes and custard. thats cool.

-RTK

3. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    Nice one.

4. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    chris hasn't touched the pedalboard in years!! hahaha so lame!

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    i love that this was for dunlop tv, and there were NO dunlop products in his gear.

6. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    I see Animatos becoming more expensive now haha and probably the black muffs.

Awesome find.

7. that's cool that he's got an electrix filter factory--i wish they would have showed this when the company was still around--they could have used the publicity!

8. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    I love that his setup is so incredibly complicated (Axe FX, three amps, midi switchers, etc...) and yet his sound is so relatively simple. Why people will complicate a rig this much for something like that I will never know. I also have to agree that not changing your own damn effects is pretty silly. But, to each their own.

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I like this.

10. Don't give me a heart attack, dude. (refers to emboldened, underlined bit)

+1 to the not switching your own effects in and out sentiment.

Delay?? On the intro to Hysteria?? *facepalm*

Favorite part of the video: "Jesus Christ!! How many Big Muffs has this guy got!?"

11. Nicky-T

Nicky-T

Nov 10, 2007
    Orlando

SICK rig...

12. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    thanks for posting it

13. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
  14. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    Holy shh... That's one complicated setup. I'll use a couple pedals to sound kind of, sort of, like it, when I'm covering their songs, and I guess I'm blessed to be content with that. A large pedalboard and a 15" combo amp is already a lot to carry around, imo and ime.

But who knows, maybe if I ever got super-famous and super-rich, I might use that much stuff. One thing we know, Chris is one hell of a gear nerd.

15. And Mr. Bellamy's rig...

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Wow, yeah- he's easily the first guy to ever have his tech switch his FX. I wonder if guitarists will ever pick up on this in the future? :meh:

17. Is it funny to anyone else that there's no Deep Impact shown in this video?

18. It's in the shelf beneath the one where they stop to gaze upon the glory of the golden Japanese Rat.

19. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    if that´s true then he also doesn´t play his bass for real, playback or his tech plays it.

20. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Not true. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Slash's tech switched his pedals in Velvet Revolver, and if I'm remembering wrong, then it was someone else, but he is in no way the first.