chris wolstenholme/ muse

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 15, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    can you help me identifying the equipment used by the bass player of the band muse?
  2. judging from photos and their appearance on Top Of The Pops he uses Bass Collection 4 strings.

however he also uses an electric upright, and a pic from their website shows him playing what looks like a doubleneck headless bass:confused: anyone know what these are?
  3. When i saw them live in February 2000, he was using some sort of Jazz bass, either Fender or Sadowsky I'm pretty sure
  4. he probably uses loads of different basses- they smash up their gear pretty often.
    Bass Collection did actually do a Jazz bass copy for a while though, so it could have been one of those which would make sense if he's got an endorsement deal with them.
    some of their songs sound like an MM stingray was used.
  5. biting_nails

biting_nails Guest

Sep 10, 2002
    queensland, australia
    hi people, im pretty new here. i thought i would start off by making a thread on one of my favourite bassists. does anyone here admire Chris Wolstenhome from muse? i think he's brilliant
  6. There are at least two guys here who like him, myself and AllodoX. I think he's great, the line from Muscle Museum was one of the first I learned. :)
  7. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    *waves hand*

Muscle Museum was one of the first things i learned too !
    I think I liked it so much because it was one of the first basslines that was really prominent and that I could really hear. I learned it partly from watching him when they were on Top of the Pops :oops:
  8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I like Muse too! They're great.
    And Chris has a lot of cool bass lines:)
  9. Chris rocks, definitely. The bassline in Hypermusic is one if my favourite to play :cool:.
  10. Chris is one of my favorite's too, and I want his sound, dammit!:D

My favorite lines are Darkshines and Muscle Museum.
  11. Some of the coolest synth bass lines I've ever heard, plug in baby is pretty impressive... and besides, he's a hero because of this...

Pedals (I don't know the specific order)
    -EH Big Muff Pi
    -Boss OC-2 octave
    -Boss DD-3 digital delay
    -Boss LS-2 line selector
    -Akai SB1 Deep Impact Bass Synth
    -Line 6 FM4 Filter Modular
    -Animato (a fuzz)

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Does anyone have the game Dr. Mario for original NES? Listen to the bassline in the "chill" song... then listen to "Cave" by Muse.
  13. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    What's with the inhaler on the green pedal?
  14. Does anyone think this guy is a great bassist? I used to think he just did slidey fuzzy stuff, but he's a lot more than that, now I've lsitened to more of Muse's stuff. :bassist:
  15. I did a damn search and didn't find anything other than what I posted about him i nthe Chris Squire thread, and summit else......not a lot...
  16. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You spelled "Wolstenholme" incorrectly.
  17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Who is this Muse? I've never heard of them.
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Alternative band, kinda. Alternative mainstream...originally a british band i believe, , now they are kinda selling out in the US.