1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chris Wood and the Wood Brothers Video

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by mebusdriver, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Man..... Chris Wood. The dude is the definition of groove. I've been an MMW fan for years but I always wanted more DB playing in their music. Now that his band with his brother has gained so much attention, and theyre largely based in the south (WOOHOO), I finally get to here more of his unique style. I just got my first DB last week and he is just blowing my mind. I can't wait to have more eye opening experiences thru this instrument. But for now, I'm diggin on Chris Wood!! :bassist::bassist::bassist:

Chad Michael likes this.
  2. marcox

marcox

Dec 10, 2007
    Phoenix
    Thanks for posting the link. That's some funky shizz!

3. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    You should plan to attend next summer's Camp MMW if they do it again. I've been twice (2008 and 2011) and, trust me, it is a life-changing experience for everyone who has the good fortune to experience it!

4. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    So great! Chris Wood is a monster & musical to boot!

The percussionist/melodion player is a buddy of mine from here in Nashville, Jano Rix. Cool to see a friend land such a killer gig!

5. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    I recently 'discovered' his playing. He plays more funky and groove based than most other double bass players. This was something I was looking for since I want to go that route too.
    Not the song based style of the Wood brothers but using more funk elements in my playing.

6. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Good news for DB fans -- though unfortunately not so much for those of you in the South: MMW is doing a rare acoustic tour in the Northeast in the first half of October. See mmw.net for dates. (I've got tix for the Annapolis show myself.)

I've seen a lot of MMW shows over the last 15 years, and I've loved them all, but I gotta say that my favorites have been the "acoustic" shows. I caught three shows on the last acoustic tour, and I was even fortunate enough to see one of the shows in the "Tonic" run, back in 1999, from which the tracks of that album were culled.

7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Wow. He pulls hard. Maybe I do as well.

8. DownLow

DownLow

Nov 30, 2007
    This is outstanding! Great song and great sound quality for a Youtube video. This is the link I will share with people when I want to turn them on to a great band.

I've seen the Wood Bros live 3 times. I'm going to see them again when they visit Madison, WI in October. Thanks for sharing.