Christchurch New Zealand, Good Vacation??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FatFunker, Oct 16, 2003.

1. In college me and my girlfriend both made a list of things we wanted to do before we died. (yeah yeah, I know it's cheesy) Anyways one of hers was to throw a dart at a map and visit that place.

Well now that we are both out of school and have good jobs and in desperate need of a vacation we decided to give it a shot.

So this is how it went

1st dart - hit the wall (crap now I have to fix the hole)

2nd dart- south atlantic ocean(now visible islands even close)

3rd dart- Niagra Falls (we live 50 minuts away in rochester, not much of a vacation)

4th dart- jabalpur, india (ok neither of us wanted to go here and this trip will be alot of money)

5th dart- another hole in wall (crap):bawl: :)

6th dart- christchurch, New Zealand - well not exactly but it was in the ocean just east of this city.

So we immediatley did a google search and it seems like a pretty cool place. Any one have any negatives on this place, I mean theres not some war i don't know about going on there is there?

We still have to look at prices of tickets and hotels, but if there is no huge negative that we dont know about, it looks like we will be heading down under in the next month.

Yeah I know this is a crazy Idea......

but on my list I have SLEEP WITH A SUPERMODEL

;) :D
  2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Heresy from an Australian, I know but I think it would be a great place for a holiday. Just watch out for the sheep. :p
  3. Hi FF

Yep - Christchurch would be a great place for a holiday!! I'm a transplanted Kiwi (from Dunedin) currently living in Perth, Aus.

It's centrally located on New Zealands South Island which has some of the best and most varied scenery in the world - fiords, lakes, mountains, rain forest.......

I would highly suggest making Chch your base and hiring a car/campervan and seeing the rest of the island -especially the West Coast (Te Anau, Milford Sounds, Fox Glacier) and maybe some of Central Otago (Wanaka, Queenstown, Arrowtown)and of course Dunedin :)

And check out Speights (the local beer) - beautiful.

Ok - enjoy
  4. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Hey, Deano! How's Perth treating you? I'll be heading over there around Christmas time.
  5. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Sounds like a cool idea, throw caution to the wind and go for it.

6. Hey U-H

Yeah it's been pretty good to me - not quite NZ but.... :)

Are you coming over for work or play?

7. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR>Play. My in-laws live there so coming over to do the big christmas thing. Going to head south for a couple of weeks of sun and beaches. :cool:
  8. Excellent - you'll have to let us know before you're over so I can check out your show!!

9. My girlfriend once lived in Christchurch for some time, and she says it's beautiful there and that it's in any case possible to spend a very nice holiday there. It can get quite hot there in summer (=around January). @ FatFunker
  10. Looks like we are heading there on Nov 29 and leaving Dec 8.

I'll take some pics and post when I get back.:D
  11. Cool! Have a nice trip! :)
  12. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Always been in love with what I have seen of NZ...have a couple of friends that live there and I must say when I retire that's where I would like to end up.
  13. was the trip, and where are the pics? ;) @ FatFunker