1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christian bass players?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by chippy, Mar 10, 2010.

1. chippy

chippy

Mar 10, 2010
    I'm currently playing a lowend Ibanez bass guitar, and i've found it hard to get a nice deep sound out of it. Even after messing with the settings on the guitar and the amp.

Example, we played for a group of thousands for a conference, and the people running the system told me that they had a hard time picking up my sound. Granted they payed for a pretty good amount to have these guys come in and run our system.. I'm assuming more than likely due to my bass not having enough "kick."

I'm currently looking to upgrade my ibanez to something better.

Have you guys heard of the song "Forever Changed" by Eddie Kirkland? I'm looking for a bass that can rumble like that or make that tone/sound.

I forgot to note the sound is coming out from my Ampeg bass amp, so i've figured it's not the amp anymore. It's the guitar!

2. Are you any good with a soldering iron? Are you comfortable poking around your bass? If so then you might want to think about changing the capacitor. Generally they come in a .047uF rating, so changing it to a .1uF capacitor will get you deeper lows.

3. StonedLikeSloth

StonedLikeSloth

Feb 27, 2010
    Reminds me of the southpark episode where cartman started a christian rock band...

4. tobie

tobie

Nov 26, 2008
    Have you played around with different strings, e.g. changed from rounds to flats & vice versa?

Is it possible to try and find out what sound chain Eddie's bassist is using? Some of these pro players can afford to buy monster-stuff to get the sound they want, as the gear pay for itself.

5. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    An EQ pedal might help.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020