1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christian McBride Big Band Footage from 7/12

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by sugerbass, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sugerbass

sugerbass

Jun 19, 2012
    New York
    Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you a video I took of Christian playing last night. His solo starts about a minute in and is some of the most impressive bass playing I've ever seen. Enjoy!

Sam

2. Zoomie

Zoomie

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    As a non DB player, two bassists make my heart go pitter patter. Christian McBride is one. Didn't even know who he was until I stumbled across him on Sting's All This Time DVD. I have seen it 100 times and I still feel every note he plays.

The other is Mike Arnipol that hangs out with we mortals here at TB. His work with Patricia Barber speaks to my soul!

In both cases, their playing is so pure to me. It's like a great opera. Corny I know, but it is the only way that I can describe it.

When listeners "feel" what you're playing, you got it goin' on !

Rock stars of the upright as far as I am concerned.

3. Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Oct 10, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I love that he quotes Sanford and Son. He is super swingin', thanks for posting.

4. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    One of my fave bassists - that clip is pure win.