Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christian McBride

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by ImAGoodDuck, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Hey everyBODY. Anyone know where I can find some Christian McBride music? I'm really look for "Stars Fell on Alabama" from Gettin' To It. Thanks a bunch

2. Sam Sherry had a McBride CD up for sale in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago. He said it just wasn't his bag. You might take a look for that.

3. Man, he's one of the most recorded players alive....you shouldn't have much of a problem using search functions. He's not what you'd call a "Well kept secret" :rolleyes:

4. I probly should have been a little more specific. I ment sheet music. I'm looking for Christian McBride sheet much and I really want "Stars Fell on Alabama". Sorri for the confusion

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    'Stars' is an old tune by Parish/Perkins. You'll probably (probly?) have a better chance finding the sheet music (sheet much?) without Christian's name attached.

Nuttin' to be sorry (sorri?) about.

6. Thanks for the help Ray

7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Cannonball did some nice things with that tune.

8. Yeah, me too Duck....As Ray says just search the tune. It's really old...older than me......And Marcus you're right on Cannoballs version. You can do that tune as a ballad or kind of a real slow walker.

9. Cool beans. Thanks for the help fellas. :)

10. James R

James R

Apr 1, 2003
    West Coast
    Duck:
    Do what Christian did. Steal it from a recording of it that you like... with your ears. Trust me, this is what all of our heros did.
    First, learn to sing the version you like along with the record. When you really have down exactly, then start getting it down on the bass. This might take 10 minutes or 10 months, doesn't matter. But if your ears really aren't quite there yet, start with something easier like transcribing a simple blues solo by someone like PC or Ray Brown, and work your way up to the Stars Fell... version you like. Get help from a good teacher (that has done lots of transcribiing!) if you need to.
    RJ