Christian Olde-Wolbers (Fear Factory)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Diezel420, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Just wanted to know what y'all think of him. Among metal bassists, I think he's the bomb (next to Cliff and Jason of Metallica). And Mr. Wolbers has the balls to play acoutsic upright 5-string on metal tracks (check "Edgecrusher" off "Obsolete" to hear it.)

PS- the new album (release date of 4-24-01) rules. Heard some tracks I got off Napster that got released early. Metalheads here should check it out.
  2. Hary

Hary Guest

Sep 19, 2000
    Hungary, Veszprém
    He does it quiet well. Their new album? Haven't heard it yet. Maybe one of my classmates has got it.
  3. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I think he's cool. Great stage pressence live. Very cool dude. When I saw them opening for Ozzy on his retirement sucks tour (long before all these Ozz fests) Fear Factory opened and my friend and I were one of the few up front who knew who they were and were into them. After their set he jumps down gives us 5 and throws me a pick. Gotta dig musicians that appreciate their fans. He's kinda buried on their CD's though, except for a few parts. Whish you could hear more of him. Course a lot of that has to do with how distored and fuzzy his tone is... it just kinda blends with the guitars. Makes for an ultra tight sound though. I've heard a bit of the new CD, I really like some of the riffs but the vocals are a bit dry I think that the more processed vocals fit them better. Last but not least, man that drummer has some fast feet!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    What I've heard sounds like nothing special, but thats just my opinion. As per usual in metal the bass is hidden beneath the guitars ,and gets no chance to be heard. Im sure he has nothing to worry about when playing because you can barely hear the bass. Bass players that are good in this genre should get out of it to show their real talent.